While the majority of EmergencyBNB users are well-intentioned, trustworthy people, we urge you to use common sense when meeting, or communicating with other users.
Please note the following:
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources:
- Be aware that your email address will be revealed to the host upon submitting your first email through the system.
- DO NOT wire funds (e.g. Western Union), or buy/rent sight unseen. The site is meant to facilitate FREE lodging.
- Use your discretion when deciding to stay with a host. EmergencyBNB is not responsible for the behavior or the credibility of its users.
- Insist on meeting in public first, and never meet in secluded places.
- Tell a friend of family where you are going.
- As a guest you should expect to be treated respectfully. In the event your safety, privacy or wellbeing has been threatened, leave the place IMMEDIATELY and report the incident to the nearest police station as needed.
- As a guest you should comply with the house rules, such as non-smoking, and keeping the place tidy. The host has the right to demand fair rules that do not compromise your safety or privacy, and do not break any law.